The old YMCA, right before it was torn down. The current Y, at 4th and Cook has been open for 47 years.
The Grand Hotel was built in 1906 by John Fogerty then leased to the Reisch family who ran it for several years. It was renamed The Roosevelt Hotel in 1933…then changed back to Grand Hotel in 1938. Other businesses on street level included New York Shoe Repair Shop, Waynes Barber Shop, and Samuels Merchandise Co. […]